Saturday, November 15, 2008

Got to take my Tablets???

Leo and I have had a nice day together as PJ has not been well this afternoon. Stress does all sorts of things to people and he needed some time on his own to gather his thoughts and actually get some sleep as neither of us are sleeping right now.

So Leo and I went off to see Charlie, our friend's lovely son who Leo knows from before we moved to Spain. He has also seen him lots since our return and each time, they just play so well together. Charlie could not care less if Leo has no hair, no eye lashes, no eye brows and a red bow around his neck from the bag of his central line. Kids are just fabulous for just getting on with things and leaving it to us parents to worry about everything! One of our duties as a parent, I know!

On our return home this evening, Leo pretended to talk to his friends Ross, Jack and Saul in Spain on the phone and I overheard him say 'no, I can't come back to Spain as I have to take my tablets, Ross'.

Neither PJ nor I have ever mentioned tablets to him and usually he talks about medicines so that was both strange and sad, that as a 3 year old (albeit he's 4 in just over 2 months time), that he has the presence of mind to know that it's because of perhaps more tablets and meds that we're here in the UK.

Unfortunately being in the UK is not helping his eczema, which is back with a vengeance, and his mould allergy is also making itself known. Being in the UK has its advantages of course, but we're hoping that his eczema and chest problems settle quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment